We're hiring a CRM & Subscriptions Manager
Contagious is in a period of rapid growth. We're currently recruiting for a CRM & Magazine Subscriptions Manager with B2B experience to join our dynamic and energized London-based team. The successful candidate will help us retain and expand our stellar roster of forward-thinking brand and agency subscribers.
You will lead a team renewing subscribers of the award-winning Contagious magazine, improving overall retention and renewal rates for subscriptions globally, working closely with the North American team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a stimulating environment with C-suite and senior level clients and help to drive magazine subscription growth and usage.
This position will report to the Global Commercial Director and involve regular liaison with the marketing, sales and editorial teams in various locations across the world.
Operating at the intersection of marketing communications, new technology and consumer culture, Contagious is an indispensable strategic resource and creative reference for brands and communications agencies around the world. With offices in London, New York, Portland, Brazil and Singapore, Contagious publishes its award-winning magazine every quarter and offers online intelligence service Contagious I/O, dedicated consultancy Contagious Insider and several Contagious Events each year.
Contagious’ clients include a range of forward-thinking agency and brand marketers including Heineken, Visa, Intel, Mondelez International, Fiat, Diageo, Nike, JWT, Publicis, McCann Worldgroup and many more.
• Lead and manage the team at each stage of Contagious magazine’s renewal phases with a focus on improving retention rates and overall renewals
• Be the central point of contact for all subscription renewal activity
• Ensure all stakeholders within Contagious are briefed on developments and issues affecting subscription renewal performance and cycle
• Oversee the Subscription Management System and Customer Relationship Management processes, ensuring data integrity and accuracy; including liaising with finance and other key Contagious departments
• Ensure the renewals team liaises with clients on a continuous basis to promote subscription usage and create a value added experience by directing clients to relevant articles and discussions
• Ensure proper validation steps are performed on all client-facing documents (invoices, renewals correspondence) before they are distributed to clients
• Develop governance and standards surrounding the processing of renewals
• Manage renewal cycle timelines to ensure timely renewal processing
• Support various departments, including sales, by helping resolve issues regarding renewals
• Create, maintain and deliver renewal reports to track progress of renewal cycles and key milestones in the process
• Ensure accuracy of subscriber data, particularly with regards to third-party distribution
• Proactively engage in Sales/Renewal meetings to identify, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise during the renewals cycle
• Work with the Head of Marketing to contribute ideas for effective marketing campaigns, copy and promotions
Key Performance Indicators
1. To increase and sustain renewal rates in line with set targets
2. To identify and resolve any potential issues during the subscription period
3. To build and maintain client relationships to support long-term commercial sustainability
• Proven track record of success in B2B publishing with strong experience and evidence of successfully managing magazine renewals and new acquisitions is essential
• Deep experience and capability in team management
• Experience and familiarity of various CRM & SMS platforms
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Previous experience in account management/sales-orientated environment would be a distinct advantage
• Genuine interest and curiosity around advertising/media
• Outstanding organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• Ability to absorb and retain information easily
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Confident, flexible and ability to work in fast-paced, demanding environment
Salary & Benefits
A competitive salary and bonus will be provided with a range of benefits.
Apply with your CV and covering letter, detailing why you are suitable for this position, together with salary expectation to email@example.com
We respectfully ask for no recruiter agencies
Closing date: 30 January