17 June 2020
Brand Bravery / Build a Solid Foundation: Free live stream /
Courage comes from within - and a strong sense of self unlocks it. This session lays the critical first building blocks for bravery: an organizing principle, a never-ending drive for creativity, and an authentic spirit of generosity.
The new Contagious Live(stream) series begins on Wednesday June 17th at 2.30pm (UK) - the first of four weekly Brand Bravery talks inspired by The Contagious Commandments: ten principles and provocations that champion creative risk-taking.
In the first session, you’ll learn why Building a Solid Foundation is critical to unlocking creativity. In session two, discover which brands are best at Working With Their Audience to build on top of that brand foundation. After that, it’s time to Stay Agile, where we’ll dive into why it’s essential not to rest on your laurels. And finally, we’ll walk you through our perspective on how to navigate the new cultural and economic landscape.
Can’t make the live date? Sign up anyway – all attendees and registrants will also receive on-demand access to the video of the presentation and Q&A, available to view (or re-watch) following the session.
Week one: Brand Bravery / Build a Solid Foundation, Wednesday 17 June at 2.30pm (UK)
Courage comes from within - and a strong sense of self unlocks it. This session lays the critical first building blocks for bravery: an organising principle, a never-ending drive for creativity, and an authentic spirit of generosity. Without these, you’re building on shifting sands. The Contagious Commandments authors Paul Kemp Robertson and Chris Barth will help you to discover:
- Why a clearly defined organising principle creates a compass for agile thinking and long-term decision-making
- Why every brief needs the words Useful, Relevant & Entertaining scrawled in big, bold letters at the top.
- How to avoid falling into the trap of asking what’s in it for you (brand) rather than what’s in it for them (consumer). Clue: remove friction; solve pain point
- Why sometimes the best advertising isn’t advertising; it’s anthropology
- The benefits of brands acting as NGOs by treating marketing as a service, and not just a sales tool
- Why generous, ‘high experience’ brands outperform their rivals
This session is no longer available. If you want to watch a recording, or would like us to deliver the talk live for you and your team, please contact [email protected] for pricing.
Want more Contagious thinking? /
Subscribe to the Contagious newsletter to receive a weekly dispatch of campaigns, opinions and research, curated for strategists, creatives and marketers.